|Full Time/Part Time||Full Time|
|Reporting to||Farm Manager (GL)|
Dyson Farming is a hugely diverse business specialising in farming, property and estate management and renewable energy. Due to expansion of the company’s activities across Gloucestershire a Shepherd is required to join our team.
We are currently recruiting a Shepherd based in North Somerset home to the main sheep infrastructure at Peipards Farm. The focus for this position will be to work with the existing Shepherd, planning together routine and strategic jobs in line with the flock management plan. The role will typically be based south of Bath however travel will be required across the business to carry out various tasks as planned.
This role is such that the right candidate will be given an opportunity to develop and further their knowledge and career within the sheep industry, full support together with necessary training will be given to achieve the targets that will set out for the enterprise and the individual in position.
- Day-to-day operations will include thorough stock checks, carrying out any adjustments to livestock groups such as treatments, moving pasture and general daily husbandry.
- Working to the management plan as agreed with the shepherd. Reporting any issues that come to light whilst on daily checks, reporting items that appear to be heading in the wrong direction in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude and commitment to health and safety.
- Be able to work own dog(s), keep working dogs in a clean and respectful manner.
- Take responsibility for minor repairs to vehicles and infrastructure (i.e. leaking water tank).
- Organise own time to complete tasks in a timely fashion, understand how long it takes to complete tasks when planning work.
- Housekeeping – Ensure the high standard of the estate appearance is maintained, making improvements wherever possible. You will ensure that any issues are escalated to the existing Shepherd and Farm Manager.
- Seek to identify areas for improvement and develop new initiatives to improve the performance of the enterprise.
- Any other ad hoc duties within your capabilities.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude and commitment to health and safety
- Operate to our high standards of compliance
- Knowledge of modern agricultural machinery
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
- Good organisational skills
- Professional manner
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Strong IT skills
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership for tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative but also as part of the wider Dyson Farming team
- Strong sense of discretion, appreciating the confidential nature of the work
- Holds a current UK driving licence
View all vacancies