Maximising the benefits of cover crops event
Over the past winter, Dyson Farming have trialled a range of cover crop species together with Anglian Water and Boston Seeds.
We’re inviting all farmers, growers, agronomists, and industry representatives to join us on Tuesday 30th May 2023. Here you’ll learn from Dr Tom Storr (Dyson Farming) about the results of our cover crop trials which included large-scale plots covering tilled and no-till land. The plots included five cereals, four clovers, four vetches, four mixtures, three mustards and three radishes.
Kate Smith (ADAS) will also lead a practical session looking at the pros and cons of using companion crops in the rotation, balancing the management, costs, and wider environmental aspects to ensure success.
Date: Tuesday 30 May 2023
Timings: 10.00 am start with refreshments available from 9.30 am. The event will end at 12:30 pm.
Venue: The Hive, Wasp’s Nest, Nocton Fen Lane, Nocton, Lincolnshire, LN4 2AY
Registration: book here
Attending this event will assist with:
- Choosing cover crop mixes for your specific soil crop, and rotational needs.
- Understanding establishment, management, and end-of-life strategy for maximum benefits.
- Maximising return on investment by using this evidence-based research and trial results.
- Managing cover crops by over-winter sheep grazing.
- Catch/companion crop management methods.
For more information about this event please contact Richard Meredith on: email@example.com or 07717 493015
The Estate Office,
Cyclone Way, Nocton,
Lincoln LN4 2GR