Fright night at the farm
There’s something spooky down at Nocton Wood – join us this Halloween and discover the story of Victoria.
Follow the path of Victoria’s final journey and discover the gruesome tale of her untimely end in the ancient woodland where her ghost remains to this day.
A spooky wander for Halloween night, look out for the bats speeding through the trees and swooping overhead.
Spot The Nine Brethren – an ancient oak that once marked the boundary of the Augustinian Priory that stood nearby.
Once a main road through the wood, you’ll walk in the footsteps of highwaymen and monks, and follow the trails of lords and ladies making their way through the once dangerous area.
What will happen?
Arrive at The Hive and climb aboard our tour trailer from 4 pm to enjoy a tractor ride down to Nocton Wood. Here, you’ll be greeted with tales of the wood and the terrifying story of Victoria.
You’ll be given a map to help you find your way through the wood – a 30-40 minute trail through the darkness. Look out for a host of resident wildlife, from deer to bats.
You’ll meet the highwayman and other creepy characters on your way, so keep your wits about you or be in for a fright.
Spot the letters hidden amongst the trees to crack the code and earn a treat at the end of the night.
Once your walk is over, you’ll jump aboard the trailer for a ride back to The Hive where you’ll be able to enjoy hot drinks, hot dogs, and jacket potatoes, included in your ticket price.
50% of your ticket price will be donated to Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance.
Email email@example.com to book your place.
What you’ll need
🧟♀️ | A creepy costume
☔ | Waterproofs and suitable warm clothing
🥾 | Suitable footwear – boots or wellies are ideal
🔦 | A torch – your phone is fine, but remember you might need this to document your day
Where to go
🗺 | The Hive, Wasps Nest, LN4 2GR
What3Words | blink.spearing.meaty
- The paths through Nocton Wood are naturally uneven, making them unsuitable for wheelchair users as well as pushchairs. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Dogs are not permitted in the wood.
- This is a family-friendly event, although due to the scary nature, it is important to take caution as you make your way around our path. Children must be supervised at all times.
- As this event takes place after the clocks change, the sun is due to set at around 4.30 pm, which means visibility will be extremely poor in parts of the trail. Please bring a suitable torch with you to help you find your way.
- Costumes are encouraged, although please be prepared for the seasonal weather conditions and please wear suitable footwear. The trail may be muddy in places.
- This is a protected site so please be respectful of your surroundings and the wildlife in the area. Please take any rubbish out of the wood with you – bins are provided at The Hive.
- Toilets are available at The Hive.
- Photography is encouraged – share your photos with us on Instagram and Facebook @DysonFarming.
- Please be mindful of the people around you.
- Last entry is at 7 pm, with the final trailer returning from Nocton Wood at 7.45 pm.
- The Hive remains open with food and refreshments available until 8 pm.
- Parking is available at The Hive and is free of charge.
The Estate Office,
Cyclone Way, Nocton,
Lincoln LN4 2GR